At AmazingTalker, we build a platform that empowers anyone to learn any languages with online tutors. Since 2016 we have grown rapidly, amassing over 300,000 users across the globe. In 2020, we were nominated by 「親子天下」to be 【教育新創20+】( https://bit.ly/3gvdzU7 ) . Based in Taiwan, we are growing our footprints in Hong Kong, North America, Europe and therefore expanding our team. We dream of becoming a world-class startup but we have only achieved 1% of what we capable of!
About the Team
As a member of the Marketing Team at AmazingTalker, you'll play a significant role in expanding to different markets. The team works cross-functionally with CEO, International Marketers, Engineers, and Product Coordinators to exponentially grow AmazingTalker acquisition, activation and revenue channels.
Teams at AmazingTalker strive to strike a measured balance between getting things done effectively and long term scalability. We keep things tight, with no big egos, promote a highly data informed approach and welcome self-driven professionals to come and join in on the adventure.
About the Role
The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving profitable customer growth via online channels. You’ll have the opportunity to shape how we reach and interact with our users, creating inspiring and compelling campaigns, resources and experiences that demonstrate how AmazingTalker can help them teaching or learning. You'll set and improve upon our current digital marketing strategies and reach new audiences by expanding into new channels.
Specifically, you will own the strategies for SEO, SEM, Google Display Ads, Retargeting, Social Media Marketing, Paid media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter advertising, etc. You are able to use data to set and iterate on strategy and be extremely comfortable with tactical campaign development including targeting and ad copy creation, audience segmentation, bid and landing page optimisations, and budget allocation. You must be highly data-driven and comfortable justifying your decisions quantitatively.
Your Journey at AmazingTalker
Within 1 month, you will:
- Meet 1:1 with all members within the growth marketing teams, including CEO, over video calls.
- Gain knowledge of our past and current digital marketing strategies, both success and failure stories.
- Gain knowledge of the competitive landscape in Hong Kong.
- Formulate the marketing strategies in your target market and discuss with marketing manager.
- Interpret qualitative and quantitative insights to aid, inform and develop a clear testing plan and roadmap.
- Execute the strategies and begin optimising bid, copy, and budget allocation for current channels.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Build a cohesive, strategy for paid advertising programs, SEO, social media marketing program with a focus on lead and enrollment generation.
- Create a testing roadmap to be used across channels, incorporating bid, budget, landing page, creative, and other tests.
- Use data and metrics to report on the results of growth efforts and use what is learned to adjust and plan future work.
- Identify, design and implement multivariate testing opportunities from hypothesis creation to identifying success metrics, conducting post-test analysis and improving macro and micro conversion goals.
- Manage competing priorities while focusing on value delivery.
Within 6-12 months, you will:
- Deliver an optimised go-to-market strategy to use as a baseline for new program launches.
- Have strategic growth processes down to a science for common occurrences like testing new channels or growing into current ones.
- Standardise and document operating procedures.
- Invest in a culture of accountability by holding yourself and your peers to high standards.
We're looking for:
- A strong desire to learn, execute, drive impact, and demonstrate urgency with projects big and small.
- A self leader who can work independently in a fast-changing environment and with multiple teams relying on you.
- Ability to balance moving fast and depth of analysis. You know what needs to be analysed and what doesn’t.
- You have a good understanding of digital marketing functions and growth levers such as SEO and Paid marketing channels.
- You know how to prioritise and conduct A|B or multivariate testing to validate the key hypothesis of your assumption based on the impact on activation, retention and revenue goals.
- Great ability to communicate data into relevant insight. You know how to tell a story, with a beginning and a conclusion from the data.
- Highly agile, have a growth mindset with the ability to test and iterate quickly and a sound understanding of UX, UI design.
- Good time-management skills, with the ability to multi-task and pivot quickly when required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- You grew up in Hong Kong and deeply understand Hong Kong social and business cultures.
- At least 1-2 years experience in digital marketing.
- Native in Cantonese is a must. (Both written and spoken)
- Excellent command in English. (Both written and spoken)
- Good command in English Mandarin Chinese. (Both written and spoken)
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Working at an international start-up and scale up the business in your dear country
- Opportunity to create impact on the lives of hundreds thousands language learners around the world
- Flexible working hours
- Online courses allowance on AmazingTalker
- Generous parental leave, sick leave policy
- The role can be remote basis. ( Hong Kong office is located at 荔枝角 Lai Chi Kok.)
- You need to bring your own laptop.